TOP 5 site to sell MTG cards. What’s the price of your MTG card?
Magic The Gathering MTG market explained.
In order to find the best MTG card price you need to be aware of the kind of markets that exist around Magic the Gathering. As for other TGC cards (Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!, check our related article on how to sell them here), the value of a MTG card is determined by set, condition and rarity. In particular, we have:
- MTG competitive market: in this category the value of MTG card depends on which are the card most used in competitive decks. Competitive play is based around formats, or sets of rules defining the cards you can use on matches. There are two types of formats in competitive play: constructed formats, where players build decks from their own collections prior to the event based on a pool of allowed cards, and limited formats, where players are given sealed, randomized packs of cards which they then use to build the decks they’ll be playing with.
- MTG collectible market: These cards tend to preserve their values or even increase it with time. In general, the most valuable cards belongs to the oldest set ever released.
Let’s find the best price for your MTG cards
Here below a list of webiste where you can quickly evaluate your MTG card collection in order to sell them at the best market price.
- www.cardmarket.com: the most famous platform for trading card games. In the MTG cards section you can both look for the price of your MTG card collection according to condition and creating an account to sell your cards. For each MTG card a price track record is reported.
- www.mtgprice.com: You can easily search your MTG card in the database. You can have quick view to price trends (losers and gainers). By subscripting as a “protrader” you can access to further contents, like a more favourable buy-list which helps you to save time and make more money buylisting your unused Magic cards by comparing the best offers from the top vendors in North America. You can also access the podcast news and section to be always updated about the metagame and the most important MTG cards for your favourite meta format.
- cardcastle.co: very interesting a powerful app for smartphones, which allows you to directly scan your card to instantly add it to your collection and check the price.
- www.echomtg.com: is a financial tracking collection tool for people who collect Magic MTG cards (the Gathering cards). It’s created for you to track your collection while knowing its day-to-day value. Very interesting is the function “speculations” which allows you to keep track of the cards which can be a potentially valuable investment before the price blows up.
TOP 5 sites to sell MTG cards online.
Due to also the Pandemic restrictions, the best way to sell your Magic The Gathering (MTG) collection is online. Let’s look at the top 5 sites to sell MTG cards:
- www.mtgmintcard.com: they buy singles and collections since 2004. They offer different types of payment methods such as check, Paypal, store credit and bank transfer depending on your country. In case you choose the store credit you have +10% bonus to spend on their website to buy/sell mtg cards.
- www.cardkingdom.com: they sell and buy mtg cards since 1999. They usually offer great prices and fair trades for mtg cards (Magic the Gathering). You can both decide to sell singles, bulk products or also sealed products.
- www.tcgplayer.com: very trustful webiste also to check the value of your MTG card. By looking into the “sell with us” section you can start selling your collection fast. The fees are accounted only after a sales is made. The site is located in the US so you should keep attention on shipping prices to add in case you’re located somewhere else.
- www.cardmarket.com: as reported in the paragraph above, it is widely used for card evaluation and selling. Keep attention to price correctly your MTG card according to condition (mint, near mint, excellent, good, poor, played).
- Ebay: one of the oldest website for reselling. First, you can determine the price of a Magic The Gathering card by inspecting the sold items on Ebay. At the end of the day, you can open a free account and start selling your collection at the price you want!