How to install Minecraft Pixelmon MOD in 6 easy steps
Install and download Pixelmon MOD in 6 easy steps.
If you want to get started with Minecraft Pixelmon you can check out the following easy instructions. At this link you can find a Modpack that includes everything you need as a pre-built Pixelmon exerience. Pixelmon mod can be installed through one of the many supported launchers like Minecraft (default), ATLauncher and Technic.
What is Pixelmon?
Pixelmon adds many aspects of the Pokémon into Minecraft, including the Pokémon themselves, battling, trading, and breeding. Pixelmon includes an assortment of new items, including prominent items like Poké Balls and TMs, new resources like bauxite ore and Apricorns, and new decorative blocks like chairs and clocks.
What is the main difference between Pixelmon and a classic Pokemon videogame?
For most of these features, Pixelmon attempts to match the mechanics of the Pokémon games as closely as possible, including battle mechanics that match the mechanics in the Generation 8 Pokémon games. However, some aspects of Pixelmon are original and deviate from the games, such as a breeding mechanic where Pokémon require a suitable environment around them in order to breed.
6 easy steps to install Minecraft Pixelmon MOD.
- Check the system requirements: in order to play Pixelmon (or any other mod in Minecraft) you need to have the Java Edition of Minecraft installed. Make sure you have the latest version and to allocate at least 2 GB of RAM for the storage of the mod.
- If you haven’t installed Minecraft Forge yet, you’ll need to do so. Make sure the version you install is Forge 1.12.2 or newer. You can download the latest version here.
- Download the latest version of Pixelmon Generations. Once the download has finished, check your Downloads folder. The mod file should be in it. You can get the latest version of Pixelmon installer at this link.
- Add Minecraft Forge to Launch options: after downloading and installing Forge, open Minecraft. Go to Launch Options > select Advanced Settings > then Add New. Under Version Tab, select Forge. Choose the Forge version that you downloaded under the Version tab and then Save.
- Move the Minecraft Pixelmon mod file to your Mods folder inside your Minecraft game directory. You can find it by either:
- Entering %appdata%\.minecraft in the Window’s search bar.
- Going to Users > Username > AppData > Roaming > .minecraft > mods
- In case you can’t find a Mods folder inside your .minecraft folder, you can simply make one and drop the Pixelmon mod file in there. Make sure it’s inside the .minecraft folder.
- Startup Minecraft again and enjoy.
Which are the basic commands to play Minecraft Pixelmon?
To get started in Pixelmon, you can have a look at the following basic commands for Pixelmon.
- Look around: move mouse
- Move forward: W
- Move back: S
- Move right: D
- Move left: A
- Interact with object or place object down: Right click
- Change Point of View: F5
- Scroll through hotbar to select item: mousewheel
How many Pokemon can I find on Pixelmon MOD?
Currently 880 Pokémon are available in Pixelmon. The progress of available Pokémon compared to all existing Pokémon in the Pokémon games can be found here.
Can you find Legendary Pokemon in Minecraft Pixelmon?
Legendary Pokémon are Pokémon that are characterized by their rarity and their high base stat totals. They are very difficult to obtain because of their difficulty to locate, high levels, and low catch rates. They are also guaranteed to have a minimum of 3 perfect IVs when captured or spawned in.
A Legendary Pokémon has a chance of spawning every 12.5 to 29.16 minutes. This chance of spawning depends on multiple factors, including whether Legendary Pokémon can spawn in the different biomes and spawn locations, whether the spawn positions are close enough to players, the amount of terrain that is compatible for a Legendary Pokémon’s spawn location, and a base percentage of the Legendary Pokémon spawn attempt succeeding (30% by default).
Change the config settings of Legendary Pokemon in Pixelmon.
The following settings related to Legendary Pokémon can be changed in the Pixelmon config file:
- “allowLegendarySpawn”: Whether Legendary Pokémon spawn naturally.
- “displayLegendaryGlobalMessage”: Whether or not a message appears when a Legendary spawns.
- “legendaryRepeatSpawnTicks”: The average delay after a Legendary spawns before the same Legendary can spawn again.
- “legendarySpawnChance”: The base chance of a Legendary spawning attempt succeeding if it would otherwise fail.
- “legendarySpawnTicks”: The amount of ticks that will pass before a Legendary attempts to spawn. This delay is randomly between 60% and 140% of the base tick amount that is specified.
- “reusableBirdShrines”: Whether or not shrines are reusable after being used.
- “spawnStructures”: If disabled, shrines (and Pokémon Centers) will not spawn naturally.
- “spawnBirdShrines”: If the above setting is true and this setting is disabled, shrines will not spawn naturally but Pokémon Centers will.
- “cloningMachineEnabled”: If disabled, cloning machines cannot be used, making Mewtwo impossible to obtain legitimately.