Complete Boruto filler episodes [LIST 2022] | Where to watch
All you should know about Boruto anime and why is worth watching
About Boruto: Naruto Next Generation
- 1 About Boruto: Naruto Next Generation
- 2 The Plot of Boruto:Naruto Next Generation.
- 3 Why does Boruto anime series have so many filler episodes?
- 4 The complete Fairy Tail anime filler episodes list.
- 5 Which are the filler episodes of Boruto:Naruto Next Generations?
- 6 Complete quick list of Boruto filler episodes:
- 7 The right order to watch Boruto:Naruto Next Generations anime series.
- 8 The best way to enjoy Boruto anime – Chronological order.
- 9 Why Full Metal Alchemist is the best anime ever
- 10 Why Should I Watch Boruto:Naruto Next Generations?
- 11 Naruto is still better than Boruto.
- 12 Why you shouldn’t watch Boruto.
- 13 3 Things that are better in Boruto rather than in Naruto: why Boruto is worth watching.
- 14 Where to watch Boruto:Naruto Next Generations.
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is the sequel to Naruto Shippuden, the manga began to be published since May 16, 2016, being written by Ukyo Kodachi and illustrated by Mikio Ikemoto and supervised by Masashi Kishimoto.
The Plot of Boruto:Naruto Next Generation.
The anime is set years after the Fourth Great Shinobi War, when Naruto Uzumaki has fulfilled his dream of becoming the seventh Hokage, thus supervising a new generation of ninjas. The Konoha hero has married Hinata Hyuga, with whom he has two children: Boruto and Himawari. Boruto is part of the ninja team, led by Konohamaru Sarutobi, and complemented by Sarada Uchiha, the daughter of Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Haruno, and Orochimaru’s artificial son, Mitsuki. Boruto considers that Naruto puts his duties in the village before his duties to his family.
Why does Boruto anime series have so many filler episodes?
Since Boruto anime adaptation began to air from April 5, 2017, with the inconvenience that by this date the manga was just in chapter 10, because its publication was monthly. For this reason, the anime contains many episodes with the term “Anime Canon“, since due to the scarce material of the manga, Light Novels and extra volumes of the prequel manga had to be adapted.
Which are the filler episodes of Boruto:Naruto Next Generations?
The following episodes are filler content which you should skip if you aren’t interested in. Due to the little ‘original’ manga material available Boruto:Naruto Next Generations has a filler rate of 73%.
Complete quick list of Boruto filler episodes:
Fillers episodes on Boruto: 2-17, 25-38, 40-52, 67-147, 152-180, 190-191, 209, 221-234.
Manga canon episodes on Boruto anime series: 19-23, 39, 53-59, 61-66, 148-151, 181-189, 192-208, 212-220.
The right order to watch Boruto:Naruto Next Generations anime series.
The best way to watch Boruto:Naruto Next Generations is the according to its chronological order. As in Naruto universe, also Boruto animation consists of anime sieries episodes and movie.
The best way to enjoy Boruto anime – Chronological order.
- Boruto: Naruto Next Generation (2017) – Episode 1-51
- Boruto: The Naruto Movie (2015)
- Boruto: Naruto Next Generation (2017) -Episode 52- 232 (ongoing)
Why Should I Watch Boruto:Naruto Next Generations?
You cannot say that Boruto is a bad anime and it is definitely worth your watching, especially if you’re a fan of Naruto and want to see how the story evolves. On the other hand, the anime series has an unusually large amount of original, non-manga content and it never actually compared that well to Naruto, so it might annoy some fans for being inferior to the original.
Naruto is still better than Boruto.
Many fans think that Boruto doesn’t really come close to the vibe of the original Naruto series. However, Boruto:Naruto Next Generations has some elements that are better than Naruto‘s. In fact, when it comes to filler content, Boruto is significantly better than Naruto, making it much easier to watch. Sure, the original anime content might be an issue for some, but on a general level, this is where Boruto takes the points. In terms of plot and characters, Boruto is somewhere along the lines of Naruto, but most fans will agree that it is not as good as the original series. Maybe it’s just nostalgia, maybe it’s just a result of the show having too much original anime content when compared to the manga, or it’s just a fact that the story of Boruto is not at good as that of Naruto. People are generally in agreement that Boruto is inferior to Naruto in terms of plot and characters.
Why you shouldn’t watch Boruto.
I personally think it’s worth watching, but you have to be aware of what it is: the story of the next generation takes place in peacetime. The problems aren’t quite as flashy or epic as they were in Naruto and Shippuden because Boruto and his peers simply live in a better world.
Personally I take pride in seeing the success of Naruto and his peers, and how all of them have grown and matured as adults. I enjoy getting to see them as responsible shinobi seeking to protect the peace they have sacrificed and suffered so much for, all while nurturing the next generation of shinobi. It’s nice to see that Naruto and his generation are far more responsible than the adults were during when Naruto was a kid, and it’s nice to see that they have found peace, happiness, and families of their own. Naruto has finally achieved his dream of being Hokage and having the respect of everyone, and that’s pretty cool to see.
3 Things that are better in Boruto rather than in Naruto: why Boruto is worth watching.
- Soundtracks were God-tier, especially near the end. At some points, I only finished watching a fight because the score was so good.
- Power balance. Yes, Boruto will likely be stronger than most characters since he’s the protagonist. But it isn’t as obvious as it was in Naruto (as in, Naruto and Sasuke were the only two who could save everyone). The other characters have their fair share too. In particular Sarada. I assumed she’d be stripped of her glory and cast aside like Sakura was, but she wasn’t. She’s the first girl in the Naruto universe I actually like because of her strength, brains, and nice personality. In Naruto, Tsunade, Hinata, and the Mizukage were strong, but the fixation on their sex ruined their characters for me.
- The grown up characters are refreshing to see. For instance, we get to see Sakura for the amazing person she really is, in particular when it comes to the strong mother-daughter relationship she and Sarada have. Naruto and Sasuke having to take responsibility as leaders and parents is also nice to see.
Give Boruto a last chance as Naruto fan.
Anyway, Boruto has enough uniqueness to it to be given a chance. At least try the episodes I mentioned above. There’s a better side to Boruto than what was presented in the first 60 episodes. It’s really not as bad as one may think. And to the old Naruto fans, try to be a little more open-minded. In case you’re looking for the top rated anime chart, you may have a look at our related article TOP RATED ANIME TO WATCH.
Where to watch Boruto:Naruto Next Generations.
Depending on your location, you may find Boruto on these streaming platforms: Hulu, Netflix and Crunchyroll. As happened for Naruto and Naruto:Shipudden, the episodes are also available on free online website.
You may try to watch Boruto for free at this link.